Sunday, June 26, 2011

First Basil Harvest

In May, I planted some basil and have been anxiously been waiting until the leaves were large enough to harvest. I was able to do my first harvest last week and it was delicious! I used fresh basil to make Basil Butter that night for our bread at dinner and then used some fresh cuttings later in the week for pizzas.  I dried the rest in my oven (140 degrees) for 1 hour 45 minutes. I have already used some dried basil in my cooking, and the container smells awesome! Granted, I didn't get very much this time, but it grows quickly! It's almost time to harvest some more. Here are pictures from the first harvest!
Freshly picked leaves, waiting to be washed.

Washed and ready to be dried!

1 comment:

  1. Fresh basil, mmmm...I have a black thumb or else I'd love to plant some!! Love the paper you used on the mail holder!! So cute!!
    Hope you are doing well!!
    Elise
    P.S. My sister in law was grilling my husband about my style and that awesome sofa!! Seems she doesn't "get it"...hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete